Former Trump Trade Adviser Says Biden Policies Setting America Up For ‘Very Expensive Christmas’

Former Trump Trade Adviser Says Biden Policies Setting America Up For ‘Very Expensive Christmas’

Former trade adviser to President Donald Trump, Peter Navarro, said in an interview on Wednesday that by getting rid of Trump-era policies, President Joe Biden has set the American people up for a “very expensive” Christmas this year.

advertisement — content continues below

“That’s criminal that (administration officials) would say that this inflation is transitory,” Navarro stated during an appearance on “The Chris Salcedo Show” Wednesday. “At the beginning, when you’re growing crops, or you’re doing fertilizer for your Turkeys, or your pork, or beef, that’s all energy. It’s natural gas, and when energy prices go up, that creates a food price shock as well. So, those two forces are bearing down on what’s going to be a very expensive Christmas for the American people.”

via Newsmax:

advertisement — content continues below

When Biden took office in January, he reversed most of the policies Trump put in place, Navarro said, “crashing” a robust pre-COVID-19 pandemic economy.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Ken Blackwell updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Joe Biden has undone everything on the economy President Trump did to take us to the strongest and most resilient economy we’ve ever had, (now it has) crashed, Navarro said. “(There are) serious, serious, issues going into the holidays. I take no pleasure in the fact that Joe Biden is undoing Trump’s policies and creating all of this misery.

As the nation prepares to enter the holiday season with Thanksgiving just around the corner next month, Americans are likely to prepare the most expensive holiday dinner in history, according to several reports.

advertisement — content continues below

CBS News reported Tuesday that sharply rising inflation is going to mean around a 4 percent increase in the price for a family of 10 to make Thanksgiving dinner this year, compared to the lowest cost in a decade for that holiday meal recorded just last year, in 2020.

“When you go to the grocery store and it feels more expensive, that’s because it is,” Veronica Nigh, who currently serves as the senior economist at the American Farm Bureau Federation went on to tell the folks at CBS, going on to add that food prices have gone up 3.7 percent so far this year, versus a 20-year average of  2.4 percent.

According to that same report, Nigh stated that 10 percent of the prices are related to farming food products while the other 90 percent are because of wages, distribution, and other costs, all of which is being hampered by the supply-chain crisis we’re all experiencing right now.